I Just Bought Tot Pocket!! Tot Pocket is a digital scratchpad app that only allows for 7 active notes, which may seem restrictive but is actually quite liberating.
- I want a place to scribble notes, but only for active projects and Tot is lightning fast! With Drafts, I’m constantly filtering, searching, and switching between workspaces.
- The colors for each dot are gorgeous!
- The Share Sheet is fantastic!
- Project overview board
- URLs of relevant information
- Deeplinks from other apps.
- Write first drafts
- List of ideas
- A scratchpad that can be easily exported elsewhere
- 1st dot for a dashboard of all my active projects (with deep links to Things, Drafts, and other relevant apps and URLs)
- 2-4th dot for active writing work.
- The rest is for jotting things down
- Use Tot Share Sheet to collect information as text or URLs.
- Finish a rough draft ➜ Export it to Drafts or Ulysses for editing
- Complete a project ➜ Export it to NotePlan or Obsidian as a project report
Here’s the list of some reviews about Tot which heavily influenced my decision.
- Tot Review: Collect and Edit Bits of Text - MacStories
- Nick Schaden: Tot: opinionated app design matters
- Short Term Text Storage With Tot – Curtis McHale
- Append to 7th Tot Dot | Drafts Directory
- Tot’s New Share Extension - MacStories
- Tot 1.4 – Making People Happy • The Breakroom
- Tot + Shortcuts = Geek Bliss • The Breakroom
- Toys for Tot • The Breakroom
- Siri Shortcuts and More for Tot
- The Weekly Review - 221: Totting Up Next Steps
- Tot - canion.me
- Automation April: 10 Shortcuts for Discord, Photos, Finder and Files, Tot, Weather Forecasts, and More - MacStories
And of course, the discussion inside this micro.blog community from my previous post.